Corporate Social Responsibility
RailTel is also actively involved in meeting its social obligations through the Corporate Social Responsibility program .Some of the CSR initiatives being undertaken by RailTel for the FY 22-23:
1. RailTel Akansha Super-30 at Dehradun, Uttarakhand:
This project aims at educating the underprivileged students from Uttarakhand who have the calibre to crack IIT entrance examination, yet not the resources. This program provides them with free residential coaching, lodging and boarding for one year, where they will be trained and nurtured to make it to IIT, NIT and other premier engineering examinations.
2. Better Health Status for Women at Purulia District, West Bengal:
Undertaking Better Health Status of women through SEHAT CENTER, conducting activities like Counselling for better health, seeking behaviour change, Menstrual Hygiene and sanitation (Free sanitary pad distribution), Eye check-up camp (Free distribution of spectacles), Support services to pregnant and lactating women. (Distribution of basic medicines).
3. Treatment of underprivileged children for Congenital Heart Disease:
Through this community outreach program, we plan to treat underprivileged/poor children for Congenital Heart Disease (CHD). We will fund the treatment on subsidized rates for them.
4. Support for Mid Day Meal (MDM) program at Mathura, Uttar Pradesh:
Striving to eliminate classroom hunger by implementing MDM scheme in govt schools by providing nutritious and healthy meals.
5. Water conservation (Jal Sanchay) in aspirational district at Karauli, Rajasthan:
With aim to ensure water availability to rural communities by designing, repairing and constructing a water conservation structure. Project involves construction, repair of water conservation bodies & structure in identified locations. Plantation would also be done for households and developing green belt.
6. Donation for poor and needy children for purchase of text books, bags, stationaries, woollen cloth and shoes:
Donation to school being run by NGO, for needy and poor children studying in their school for buying school bags for students, textbooks, stationary items, uniform and woollen cloths, notebooks and invertor for school.
7. CSR grant for Yoga and Naturopathy center at Almora, Uttarakhand:
Grant to Yoga and Naturopathy center at Almora, Uttarakhand for construction of 7 Nos of toilets and bathrooms. The center is used for activities like training, lectures, conferences and treatment through yoga, ayurveda and naturopathy.
8. CSR for renovation and restoration the central building hall and Toilet Blocks at Rama Krishna Mission, Vivek Nagar, Tripura :
Renovation of dining hall and toilet blocks of the school building run by Rama Krishna Mission.
9. CSR for care, education and skill development of orphans in Pune, Maharashtra:
Education to the children, to ensure good health status, build skills, sensitize them about appropriate behaviour of about 100 children in orphanage.
10. Anemia Mukt Bharat Project by Bharat Vikas Parishad in Delhi/NCR:
The project aims to identify the poor women who are suffering from anemia, To make them aware and treat the identified anemic women to get rid of anemia, To identify the causes of anemia in concerned target areas and to build an environment for anemia free society.
11. Fully equipped cardiac ambulance by M/s Shanti Mukund Hospital, Delhi:
Providing fully equipped cardiac ambulance i.e. Advanced Life Support Ambulance (ALS)”. The ALS and its services will be offered to poor and needy patients free of charge for the people in Delhi/NCR region.
12. Counselling and handholding of cancer patients at Northern Railway Hospital, New Delhi:
The patient Assistance, counselling and handholding program to assist and counsel cancer patients so that they remain motivated during their illness and also motivate their families to fight the battle against cancer and not give up hope and treatment, halfway or fully.
13. Echocardiography screening of pregnant women for any fetal cardiac abnormality by Child Heart Foundation at New Delhi:
Echocardiography screening of pregnant women from underprivileged families for any fetal cardiac abnormality. The project involves evaluation of fetal heart during 18 to 24 weeks of pregnancy for any fetal cardiac abnormality and providing them treatment to baby on birth for the diagnosed defect on birth. Also create awareness in the community about the disease and importance of early diagnosis and preventive health.
14. Funds for education of slum children in Gurugram by M/s Bright Orange Foundation at Gurugram, Haryana:
The focus is on structure education so that children from schools not only join mainstream schools but also perform well in their studies and future endeavours. After school support is also provided to students as and when needed.
15. Proposal for Telehealth by M/s Rajkumari Foundation in Hardoi, Uttar Pradesh:
Project is to setup telehealth center in Hardoi district of Uttar Pradesh in coordination with the state government authorities to provide essential health services and to provide essential services to the critical patients in need. This center will provide diagnostic services, consultation, medication, ANC and delivery services to the patients.
16. Support to Janta Adarsh Andh Vidyalaya, New Delhi:
Funds have been provided to school of deaf and blind for supporting their education through CSR contribution for salary of teachers, music, craft, computer and physical education teacher, project for teaching drawing to visually impaired children.
17. Support to M/s Badrinath – Kedarnath Temple committee run colleges in Chamoli and Rudraprayag, district Uttarakhand:
Funds have been provided for providing infrastructure support at Sanskrit colleges established in different parts of Chamoli & Rudraprayag districts of Uttarakhand and run by Badrinath-Kedarnath temple committee.