Corporate Social Responsibility
RailTel's Board level Corporate Social Responsibility committee approved the following CSR activities for the financial year 2021-22 :
1. RailTel Akansha Super-30 at Dehradun, Uttarakhand:
Flagship project of RailTel, which provides for 11-months long boarding, lodging and coaching to 30 students, who are talented but from economically weaker sections of society, free of cost for IIT JEE and other premier institute engineering exams. Last year in FY 2019-20, 30 out of 30 students qualified JEE Mains exam. This year we are also conducting an impact assessment of Akanksha Super 30
2. Digital Learning Center (DLC) at Lalbagh New Delhi:
A center to impart skill for digital literacy, enhance the existing skill of the people in order to make them competitive in the market, to make them familiar with online services so that they can face the world in more confident manner.
3. Installation of 40 KW Solar Plant at AIFD Center, New Delhi:
RailTel will support installation of Solar Power plant at the Multi-Purpose Training Centre for deaf at All India Federation of the Deaf (AIFD) to help them save in electricity bill and reduce carbon footprint.
4. Provision of Internet Connectivity:
RailTel will provide Internet connectivity at Gyanarjan Center, village Lovhan, Mathura, UP a training centre for underprivileged.
5. Construction of Toilets in schools in Nalanda, Bihar:
RailTel will support the construction of toilets in 4 schools in Nalanda, Bihar.
6. Environmental sustainability and Beautification of Approaching area of Delhi stations by providing green corridor:
RailTel will help in improvement and beautification by plantation and providing green wired mesh along the tracks (500 m approx.) of the approaches of Delhi station to give a uplift to the area around the tracks.
7. 3 Nos of Training Center for personnel for supporting cancer patients at renowned Hospitals:
This program will train personnel at 3 renowned hospitals at AIIMS-Rishikesh, PGI Chandigarh and HBCH Varanasi, which will offer cancer patient Assistance, counselling and handholding program.
8. Installation of Tube Well for safe drinking water in Yass affected areas:
RailTel will support installation of 06 Number of deep tube well for safe drinking water in Sagar, Patharpratima Block under Sundarban region in West Bengal.
9. Comprehensive Mobile Telehealth Services for needy people and creation of Self-help Group for women of Jalna, Maharashtra:
RailTel will support a mobile tele-polyclinic for identified villages in Jalna. The mobile tele-polyclinic setup will cover 5 villages on weekly basis on rotation. The clinic will be equipped with basic facilities like patient registration desk, nurse/ compounder and medical equipment like ECG machine, stethoscope, weighing machine, etc, Doctors will connect to patient through mobile with Wi-Fi and software.
RailTel will also support setting up a Self-Help Group (SHG) of women in villages for making sanitary pads and to supply them to nearby school along with pads vending machine and incinerator.
10. Internet connectivity at Shri Sudhakar Pandey Inter-College, Balia, UP:
RailTel will provide internet connectivity at Shri Sudhakar Pandey Inter-College, Balia, Uttar Pradesh.
11. Provision of Roti maker and Golf Cart at Safdarjung, Hospital, Delhi:
RailTel will provide 01 Nos of Roti Maker and 02 Nos of golf cart under CSR initiative to benefit the patients arriving and getting treatment at Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi.
12. Better Health Status of Women Through Community SEHAT Center:
RailTel will support running SEHAT centre which intends to improve the availability and access to quality health care to women specially in the area of Menstrual Hygiene, Eye check-up, supplement services for Pregnant & Lactating Women.
13. Support for Early intervention Center for children with special needs:
RailTel will support Early Intervention centre at Ghaziabad to train, educate and handhold parents of children with special needs being run by M/s Sarthak Educational Trust, New Delhi.