Virtual Private Network
RailTel provides a secure and affordable Virtual Private Network ( VPN) to enterprises to link its remote sites/users to its network using public telecommunication infrastructure, such as the internet. The VPN service is a cost effective alternative to more expensive conventional leased lines or remote access server.
Multi-protocol label switching (MPLS) is one of the most widely used methods for creating VPNs since it provides traffic separation and distinction without imposing significant overheads. MPLS-VPN technology offers service providers full control over parameters such as bandwidth throughputs, latencies, and availability that are essential to providing customers with service guarantees. It decreases the customer's network complexity and costs, as well as the need for an in-house technical workforce.
RailTel offers its MPLS based VPN services to enterprise customers including small and medium enterprises, educational institutions and banks and financial institutions primarily aimed at enhancing their business performance. With growing need for remote working, RailTel’s MPLS VPN is an affordable solution to secured remote access to organization’s server.
Features and Benefits:
- IP - MPLS network is available in almost all important cities of India through Major and Mini POP’s.
- Robust MPLS Network architecture based on industry standard high end routers/switches.
- Industry standard service level agreements for ensuring “always on “services.
- 24x7 customer service by MPLS Network Operation Centres (NOC) at New Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai and Secundrabad, with Central NOC at New Delhi.
- Scalable in terms of bandwidth and coverage to meet the future demands.
- Provision for Disaster Recovery.