Aadhaar Based Services
RailTel Corporation a "Mini Ratna (Category-I)" PSU is officially Aadhaar Card Authentication Agency of UIDAI. RailTel is already engaged with UIDAI as an Authentication Service Agency (ASA), e-KYC Service Agency (KSA) along with Authentication User Agency (AUA) along with e-KYC User Agency (KUA). RailTel is one of the very few organization, which is having all the four licenses of the UIDAI by showing its network strength and capability to deliver the Aadhaar Authentication Service. RailTel is having all the necessary infrastructure to offer Aadhaar Authentication services to all the Govenerment departments and Enterprises.
RailTel, having its own robust and highly secure network is acting very well as an authentication agency for UIDAI. RailTel is having its own Data Center at Gurgaon from which this service is being operated.
Aadhaar authentication is the process wherein Aadhaar number, along with other attributes (demographic/biometrics/OTP) is submitted to UIDAI's Central Identities Data Repository (CIDR) for verification; the CIDR verifies whether the data submitted matches the data available in CIDR and responds with a “Yes/No”. No personal identity information is returned as part of the response
The purpose of Authentication is to enable residents to prove their identity and for service providers to confirm that the residents are ‘who they say they are' in order to supply services and give access to benefits.
Major parties involved in Aadhaar Authentication Process
- Authentication Service Agency (ASA): ASAs are entities that have secure leased line connectivity with the CIDR. ASAs transmit authentication requests to CIDR on behalf of one or more AUAs. An ASA enters into a formal contract with UIDAI.
- e-KYC Service Agency (KSA): KSAs are entities which are having connectivity with UIDAI’s CIDR and can share the Demographic profile of the Aadhaar Crad holder to the KUAs for authentication purpose.
- Authentication User Agency (AUA): An AUA is any entity that uses Aadhaar authentication to enable its services and connects to the CIDR through an ASA. An AUA enters into a formal contract with UIDAI.
- e-KYC User Agency(KUA): An KUA is any entity, which required the authentication of the Aadhaar card in terms of Biometric data of the Aadhaar Card holder from KSA.
RailTel is already offering the Aadhaar Authentication Service to IRCTC for Senior Citizen Train Ticket concession to IRCTC and e-wallet registration. The linking of Aadhaar cards with train tickets for senior citizens is a salutary measure designed to streamline the reservation process for people in such a category. A major benefit of Aadaar-linked rail reservations for senior citizens is that it will stop touts and unauthorized agents from booking tickets in fake names and then selling these at a higher price. Vey soon RailTel will also help IRCTC for authentication of all type of concessional tickets and online ticket booking through Aadhaar Card.
RailTel is in discussion with various Government departments to offer the Aadhaar based Biometric Attendence System (AEBAMS). RailTel is having dedicated team to manage the Aadhaar Authtication Service.
RailTel as an ASA/KSA and AUA/KUA of UIDAI is offering variety of services to the government offices and ministries through Aadhaar Authentication Service:
- Attendance Management System
- Authentication of the genuine Aadhar Card
- Confirming Beneficiaries
- Secure Financial Transactions
- Access Control