Hospital Management Information System
The HMIS is an integrated clinical information system with the basic objective of improved hospital administration and patient healthcare. Implementation of Pan-IR Hospital Management Information System (HMIS) was entrusted to RailTel in Oct.’2020.
RailTel has now implemented this integrated clinical information system across 706 health facilities of Indian Railways across India for improved hospital administration and patient healthcare.
The features of the software extend from customizing clinical data according to medical speciality and laboratories. it MIS has hospital feature that provide cross consultation, seamless interface with medical and other equipment’s. The patients have the benefit of accessing all their medical records on their mobile device. There are 30 modules of HMIS out of which 27 have been implemented. These include Registration, OPD Doctor Desk, Pharmacy, Lab Module, IPD (Clinical), Bio Medical Engineering Dept, Sick/Fit certificate, Transport/Ambulance, Service Area, EMR (Electronic medical Records), Laundry, Mobile Application, Diet Kitchen, External referrals, Blood Bank, Operation Theatre & Anesthesia and Queue Management System etc.
The open source HMIS software has been deployed over the cloud in RailTel Data Centre. This platform is linked to the unique medical ID of employees for which about 43 lacs UMID cards have been issued to the regular employees, pensioners and their family members by Indian Railways.
HMIS Patient Mobile App has been developed to helps Patients to access all the information related to the OPD Registrations, Doctor Prescriptions, Lab Reports etc. They can also track local purchase and external referral through mobile App.
HMIS is aimed at addressing the fundamental needs of concerned stakeholders and in this regard:
- Patient Satisfaction is the bottom-line of project. It facilitates ease of access to healthcare in hassle-free environment. Patient is fully aware about his medical history and status of current episode through Mobile App.
- Doctors are able to achieve faster delivery of service with Clinical Knowledge support
- Administrators is able to take better decision with the systematic and intelligent data that is getting generated in HMIS.
- All the Medical Equipment, Medical processes and various IT systems are getting integrated with HMIS core.
- Other Objectives include:
- Effective management of health facilities & resources
- Monitoring collective/individual performance of hospitals across the administrative channel
- Generate and maintain EMR (electronic medical records) of all patients
- Monitoring of Important financial aspects like consumption of stores, referrals etc.