- Constitution of a Board of Directors of appropriate composition, size, varied expert and commitment to discharge its responsibilities and duties.
- Constitution of an Audit Committee to scrutinize financial matters.
- Ensuring timely flow of information to the board and its Committees to enable them discharge their functions effectively.
- Independent verification and safeguarding integrity of the Company's financial reporting at 3 level of auditing -Internal Auditing, External Auditing, Statutory Auditing.
- A sound system of risk management and internal control.
- Timely and balanced disclosure of all material information concerning the company to all stakeholders including Ministry of Railways.
- Transparency and accountability management through implementation of RTI Act.
- Compliance with all the applicable rules and regulations as per CVC guidelines, CAG report & guidelines as per Company Act and Clauses of various licenses/registration.
- Fair and equitable treatment of all its stakeholders including employees, customers, shareholders and investors.
Code of conduct
RailTel Corporation of India Ltd. strongly believes in the principles of Corporate Governance and fair practices in its business. Our company is committed to maximizing value for society at large and to Redefine Indian Railways Communications and Enhance Railway Safety.
The Code has been approved and adopted by the RailTel Board of Directors in their 45th meeting held on 30.11.2007.